Monday, February 1, 2010

Wagon wheel...

The reason that I first became ordained as a minister was to perform weddings. I got the idea from "Friends", when Joey was ordained to perform Monica and Chandler's wedding. Religion has always been an educational persuit for me. I sit in church on Sunday mornings and take more notes than I did in any of my classes in college. (Except maybe abnormal psych. It was my favorite class in college.)My Bible looks like a rainbow because of the notes written in it and all of the verses I have highlighted. (I make a point to use different color highlighters each time.) I make sure to read my Bible every night for at least ten minutes because you can't witness to someone without being educated. (Which is why I also read other religous texts, the Bhagavad Gita being my favorite. I love Hinduism. Just not quite as much as I love Jesus Christ and not even as much as I love President Obama.) My point being, I had a "Footloose" moment in church this past Sunday morning.
We went to our "other" church, which is slightly bigger. There are about 75 to 100 people who attend there. I like going there because I have an opportunity to socialize more, which is important to me right now. I am an extremely social creature and being stuck out in the middle of no where with a car is killing me. I miss being able to hang out with people. I miss the fellowship. Because any time I get with my friends is a time of fellowship. Did not the Lord say "Where two or more are gathered I will be in their presence"? He did indeed. Check out Matthew 18:19-20. And anywhere I go, I praise God these days. Some of my absolute favorite times have been with my friend Charlie. We always have a great time doing the simplest things. One day we fixed shrimp and grits and listened to a Stevie Wonder album. And that is one of my favorite days in the world. Charlie and I once sang "Oh Happy Day" dressed in sheets as choir robes at the top of our lungs. I make it a point to have as much fun as possible in life. I think God appreciates that.
Then the devil got his stronghold over my life. I have always been an abnormally happy person. I smile all the time, I can't help it. People always used to wonder at that. I think that the expected me to be sad and droopy because both of my parents died when I was so young. It has not been until these past eighteen months that I hecame that sad, droopy person that everyone always expected me to be. I wasn't a lot of fun to be around. I wasn't happy, I wasn't excited, I wasn't myself at all.
PRAISE GOD! I have been feeling much more like myself since Mr. Butler introduced himself to my car. I can only blame Jesus and my faith in Him for this change. What's funny is that I know how much I have changed in such a short amount of time. But my personality has more of reverted in to the person that I used to be. I'm still me. I still love music, I still love a great party, I still love being with my friends. I just don't feel sad anymore. Not the way i did feel sad. Not like I was alone. And through this darkest of storms that has raged in my life, through this deepest pit that I sunk in to, I have discovered the true meaning of happiness and friendship. I guess that's what I mean by wagon wheel. Everything comes full circle. It's true in all religions.
I feel like I have included a lot of scripture in this blog. I feel like I should include more. So I'm just going to toss out some of my favorite verses for you:
Philippians 4:13
Ephesians 2:8-10
Colossians 3:12-17
Proverbs 3:5-6
Genesis 3:1
Romans 8:28
1 samuel 16:14-23
Revelation 2:4
Ruth 1:16
Hebrews 12:1-2
There are ten awesome verses for you. Put those in your pipe and smoke 'em.
In closing I would like to put a video on my blog. It's just funny. It made me gigge and I love to giggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment